Good oral health is always important, whether you are 8 or 80 years old. If you have correct oral hygiene, it is the best care and love you can offer for your teeth and gums. Having healthy teeth not only give you more confidence and self-esteem but they also help you to keep your mind and body strong and healthy , speak properly with confidence while flaunting your shining teeth. So, good oral hygiene is very essential for your overall well-being.
Maintaining proper oral hygiene regimen helps in preserving proper functioning of your teeth. Routine oral check-ups with your dentists for oral examination can also help a lot in the process of maintaining your overall oral health.
Researchers suggest that your oral health is the mirror and window to the state of your body as a whole. For instance, when your mouth is healthy, you are at a lesser risk of developing any chronic health disease and your overall health is at a good level.
Diseases caused by poor dental hygiene can lead to diseases in other parts of your body including dementia and heart disease.
Oral dental concerns and diseases:
Dental cleanliness is an essential component of your overall health and well-being. Most of the oral health problems basically originate from negligent and inattentive oral hygiene. These are some health risks associated with poor oral hygiene.
- Stomach problems: All the physical and chemical processes of digestion starts in your mouth, and any bacterial infection in the mouth can lead to major problems like improper bowel discharge, intestinal failure, and gastric ulcer.
- Dementia:A poor oral hygiene regimen can affect the functioning of your brain and can cause memory loss.
- Gum disease: Gum diseases can cause gum bleeding, inflammation and swollen gum, formation of plague, teeth yellowing and many more such diseases.
- Bad Breath: Bad breath or halitosis is the unpleasant odor that is present in the breath is caused by improper brushing techniques or not brushing and flossing which accumulates food particles between your teeth, creating bad breath.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Plaque gains entry from the mouth to the heart, arteries, and blood vessels. Plaque usually builds up in the blood vessels. This build up leads to clogged arteries and blood clots.
- Cancer: Poor dental health can cause many types of cancers like oral cancer, throat cancer, kidney and pancreatic cancer.
Guidelines and habits to keep good oral hygiene:
- Brushing two times a day for a minimum 2-3 minutes with proper brushing process, using fluoridated toothpaste products.
- After brushing, flossing daily to remove plaque and left over from those areas of your mouth where your toothbrush is not able to reach.
- If your dentist suggests, then always rinse your mouth using a fluoride mouthwash.
- Eating a balanced and healthy diet with more amounts of vitamin A and C and limiting between-meal snacks.
- Using oral hygiene products, fluoridated drinking water, salt and toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Avoid and slowly quit smoking or using tobacco as these cause major gum diseases and oral tumor.
- Lessen sugar intake to avoid early tooth decay.
Have you been looking for a dazzling bright smile? Worried of darkening the natural glow of your teeth. Buy activated charcoal teeth whitener for attractive smile.
What is activated charcoal?
Activated charcoal is the activated carbon that is created by steam or chemical method with very high temperature that forms large openings to trap chemicals. Activated charcoal was originally used to treat intestinal decontamination, food poisoning, but now activated charcoal teeth whitener has emerged as a natural remedy to oral problems that scrubs your teeth while cleansing your mouth, reducing plaque and revitalizing your mouth.
Activated charcoal because of its absorbing and binding property to dirt and chemicals has emerged as the best teeth whitening powder in Australia that whitens teeth naturally and also helps a lot in maintaining proper oral hygiene.